Are you a member? /

Florence – Villa Carducci Pandolfini (portion)

The 15th century compound named Villa Carducci Pandolfini stands in the plain south-west of Florence, near Via di Scandicci. In the south-west corner of the complex there are the ruins of a 14th century tower which was part of the fortified palace of Guardavia, also called “Volta a Legnaja”, one of the strongholds of the Florentine fortification system. The building has a horse-shoe shape, with the monumental zone developing on the side facing via Guardavia. The other sides are both occupied by old, modest row dwellings for service personnel. The fourth side is enclosed by a wall, with a gate giving access to the former hortus conclusus. The compound is renowned due to the cycle of frescoes illustrating famous men and women drawn by Andrea del Castagno in about 1445 under the arcade then turned into a hall.
Object of the concession are only some residential units, while the portions being delivered to the MIBACT and some other residential units under private concession are excluded. The portion in question has a gross cadastral area of about 684 sqm and consists of nine residential units, most of which are now unused for years and have interiors in poor conditions.
From the architectural point of view, the compound is the result of various addition and unification works made over the past centuries, still clearly visible in the planimetric structure. The structure is traditional, in loadbearing masonry with pitched roof. The main façade is simply plastered, with modest decorative elements.

via guardavia, 20-32-36-38-42-44 - 50143 Firenze (FI)

Details

Property types
Villa, Apartment
Permitted uses
Residential, Hotel and leisure
Land area (m²)
974 m²
Total GIA (m²)
Contracts and limitations

The portions under concession are free

Year of construction
1400
State of maintenance and repair
Mediocre
Occupation status
Vacant

The structure of the compound of which the real estate is a portion can be briefly described as follows:

  • Main building destinated to museum, being delivered to the Ministry of Culture. It has an access on the front and one on the inner courtyard, and other accesses from some rooms located in the unit at the corner between Via Guardavia and the inner road.
  • Residential units being delivered to the Ministry of Culture.
  • Building unit overlooking the inner road and the inner courtyard, consisting of three separated residences in the south end (one with independent access from the inner road and two with independent access from the external staircase of the yard), and a building divided into apartments at the end of the inner road.
  • Approximately in the middle of the above-described building there is an arch (please see attached plan) that gives access to the inner courtyard, which on the left side is overlooked by some detached residences. These residences are very similar to each other in respect of area and interiors and consist of a living area with bathroom on the ground floor and two rooms on the first floor, with appurtenant gardens on the back side. Only 9 of these residences are object of concession.
  • L’area a verde (antico orto) nella parte est è in consegna al Ministero della Cultura. The green area (ancient garden) on the east is being delivered to the Ministry of Culture.

For details, please see attached data sheet.

The complex is situated in the city of Florence, in Via Guardavia number 16 to 44, outside of the old, monumental town and near Via di Scandicci, the road that connects Florence to the homonymous town. It is accessible from a private street which is part of the complex itself and runs perpendicular to Via Guardavia, bordering the compound on its west side. From this private street there is the access to the inner courtyard around which the buildings that make up the compound develop.

The complex is situated in an urban area that has been object of building expansion only in the last decades; however, before this time there were already sub-urban settlements connected to the originally rural destination of this area. Nowadays, the area is mainly residential, with some local shops. It is well served by public transport, also thanks to the near tramway.

See attached data sheet
vedi scheda tecnica allegata

The 15th century compound named Villa Carducci Pandolfini stands in the plain south-west of Florence, near Via di Scandicci. In the south-west corner of the complex there are the ruins of a 14th century tower which was part of the fortified palace of Guardavia, also called “Volta a Legnaja”, one of the strongholds of the Florentine fortification system. The building has a horse-shoe shape, with the monumental zone developing on the side facing via Guardavia. The other sides are both occupied by old, modest row dwellings for service personnel. The fourth side is enclosed by a wall, with a gate giving access to the former hortus conclusus. The compound is renowned due to the cycle of frescoes illustrating famous men and women drawn by Andrea del Castagno in about 1445 under the arcade then turned into a hall.
Object of the concession are only some residential units, while the portions being delivered to the MIBACT and some other residential units under private concession are excluded. The portion in question has a gross cadastral area of about 684 sqm and consists of nine residential units, most of which are now unused for years and have interiors in poor conditions.
From the architectural point of view, the compound is the result of various addition and unification works made over the past centuries, still clearly visible in the planimetric structure. The structure is traditional, in loadbearing masonry with pitched roof. The main façade is simply plastered, with modest decorative elements.

This property is part of the project:

via guardavia, 20-32-36-38-42-44 - 50143 Firenze (FI)

Contact

ICE - Italian Trade Agency

Request info

Floorplan

Florence – Villa Carducci Pandolfini (portion) Floorplan