Real estate complex built in 1700 and situated in the historical centre of Bitonto, populated Municipality in the Province of Bari. The property, which has bonds for its high level historical and artistic value, thanks to its central location is well adaptable to be used as a touristic and hotel facility.
The property, characterized by a rectangular shape with an open courtyard, is divided on three levels above the ground as well as a basement, and is built on a reinforced structure in brick and a wooden covering. The entire prospect of the Church and the convent form an artistic concept that, starting from the left angle, goes all along forming a large square. The entire building, at the moment in an abandoned state, was subject to safety interventions, covering and installation of the new doors and windows, however it is not accessible due to the lack of structural and legal prerequisites (implants and so on); some of the rooms are not accessible, where the entrances have been walled, following the works carried out. According to the current urban tool (General Regulatory Plan) the property is in Zone “A1”, with the following uses allowed: housing, shops, hotels, warehouses, deposits for non-inflammable and not dangerous material, car parking, offices, buildings for leisure and entertainment, buildings for public interest, craftsmanship laboratories in some dedicated rooms (as long as these do not make noise, smoke, dangerous waste or in any case not compatible with the use destination of the zone). The property is under Cultural Interest according to Legislative Decree n°42/2004, with specifications, registered number 366 dated 3/8/2018.
The property is situated in the central zone of the Municipality of Bitonto (55,127 inhabitants), part of the territory in the Metropolitan City of Bari (1,257,520), at 18 km from the Regional chief administrative centre. A city of ancient creation, from 1551 separated from the Feudal property reacquiring its autonomy, to which a cultural renaissance followed. There are many historical places amongst which the Cathedral, the Church of San Gaetano, the Church of Crocifisso, the Sylos-Calò Palace, the Sylos-Vulpiano Palace and the Traetta Theatre. The Municipal territory has many characteristics, has within it a zone that reaches 490 metres above sea level in the southern part, in direction with the area that is part of the National Park of Alta Murgia, reaching 118 above sea level in the portion of territory which is more eastern, going towards the Adriatic. The Port of Bari, which has ferry lines for Greece, Croatia and Albania, which is 15 km. away, while the railway station that allows connections to the cities of Bari and from there for Lecce, Foggia, Molfetta, Taranto, Rome and Milan, is 800 m. away. The international airport of Bari – Palese (4,7 million passengers in 2017) is about 10 km. away. The exit “Bitonto” of highway A-14 (Adriatic) is 5 km from the building.