Real estate complex, known as the Harbour of burnt houses, built in the 400s by the noble family Malatesta, amongst the most important of the medieval era, situated near the Adriatic coast, in the area of Marina di Montemarciano. The property, declared of particular interest according to Law. 1089/1939, thanks to its location, is well adaptable to be used as a touristic and hotel facility or transformed into housing.
The property, built as the first important implant of the half of the 400s by the Malatesta family, with the function of protection from its beaches, presents a courtyard typology, with a regular square plan, a result of the stratification occurred over the centuries.
The building is articulated on two levels and is realized with a brick structure with blind brick arches, that decorate one side of it looking over the sea, and by a large courtyard on which there are warehouses and antique stables. The use foreseen by the current urban tool is touristic and hotel (100%), however the following are also admitted: housing and rural uses, temporary housing for school initiatives, agricultural and touristic stations, general services and so on also up to 100% of the surface. Maintenance interventions are admitted, restoration conservation, demolition (without reconstruction) only of the reconstruction on the original implant. The property was declared of particular interest according to Law 1089/1939 with Decree of the Minister of Education dated 21/06/1966.
The property is situated in the Municipality of Montemarciano (9,872 inhabitants), in the province of Ancona (472,603 inhabitants), in the area of Marina di Montemarciano, area of the Burnt Houses. The complex is along the Via Adriatica (SS-16), coastal road with high level flows that goes along the entire Adriatic side, connecting Padova with Otranto. Along the state road there is also “Ciclovia Adriatica” bicycle road almost complete that connects Santa Maria di Leuca (in Puglia) to Trieste, and offers many opportunities tied to “slow tourism”, giving back the historical function of parking area. The railway station, that guarantees connections to the cities of Ancona, Pesaro, Rimini, Ravenna and Pescara, is 250 m from the property, while the exit “Montemarciano” of highway A-14 (Adriatica), is 3 km away. The port of Ancona, from which the ferries for Croatia and Greece depart and the International airport of “Raffaello Sanzio” (485 thousand passengers in 2017) are respectively 16 and 10 km away.