Extensive property, consisting of disused former military buildings, located in a suburban area of the Municipality of Pavia, close to the old city centre, within the Ticino river park area. The redevelopment area can include the construction of units for various uses such as residential, tertiary, commercial and public services. It is the most significant redevelopment project for the area'
The area includes 65 buildings, 8 of which on two floors above ground and the remainder on one floor above ground.
The former “Arsenale” property, covers an area of 140,000 m², with 65 buildings for mixed use, tertiary-residential, warehouses and storehouses, almost all on a single level, in a suburban area adjacent to the old city centre of Pavia and the Ticino river park. Some of the buildings, of historical significance, were built between 1850 and 1920, and will have to be redeveloped in the project. The Municipality of Pavia has approved the redevelopment of the area, setting a maximum buildable surface of 85,873 m² of GFA, through the construction of works of public interest such as the Citadel of Learning. The parties carrying out the redevelopment will be able to construct units for various uses such as residential, office, commercial, as well as public services for the local community (nursery schools, schools, green areas, cycle paths).
The property is located close to the old city centre of Pavia (72,205 inhabitants), along the western side of the city, bordered by the Via Riviera, the Ticino river and the railway. The redevelopment area is close to the Pavia railway station (850 metres) and the local and suburban buses and 2 km from the west orbital road of Pavia (a-54) which links with the A-7 motorway (Milano-Genova). The city is 40 km from Milan, 67 km from Piacenza and 80 km from Alessandria.