Are you a member? /

Pieve di Cadore (BL) – Former railway station Sottocastello

The estate, a former railway station, consists of a wide flat outdoor area, a main two-storeys building with attic and a small accessory one-storey building.
It is situated in the locality of Sottocastello, not far from the old town and close to public offices, to schools and to a paved bike path.

Pieve di Cadore (BL)

Details

Property types
Historical building, Free-standing building, Apartment
Permitted uses
Commercial, Residential, Hotel and leisure
Land area (m²)
453 m²
Total GIA (m²)
Year of construction
1917-1921
State of maintenance and repair
To be refurbished/valorized
Occupation status
Vacant

The estate is made of a main building which is the former railway station of Sottocastello, an accessory building and an appurtenant outdoor area. The former train line in this stretch has been converted into a municipal road.
The main building consists of two floors above ground and an attic. It is built in stone masonry and has a hip roof with wooden structure and steel shingles layer. It has wooden frames, single glazed windows and blackout curtains.
The accessory building, situated at the northeast corner of the compound, consists of one floor above ground and has a masonry structure and a wooden cover with a sheath layer. It is devoid of technological systems.

The building needs overall a radical restoration intervention.

The former station of Sottocastello, part of the local intermodal node, has been identified as a property to be primarily enhanced and destined to house activities ancillary to tourism, for example luggage room, bike rental point, dining options. Interventions allowed are restoration and conservation works, with possibility of extension up to 150 cum.

Pieve di Cadore, birthplace of the famous painter Titian, is recognized as “city of art” for the richness of its historical, artistic and natural heritage, and as “walled city” for its 19th century defence system, consisting of the fortifications of Mount Ricco, Batteria Castello and Col Vaccher.

The town is crossed by the Dolomites Cycling Route, by the Lorenzago-Cortina cycling route and by the Long Road of the Dolomites. Nearby, along the bike path, there are also the state-owned former signalman’s houses “Roccolo” and “Ronchi”.

Pieve di Cadore is accessible through the State Road SS51 “Alemagna”, which is connected to the highway A24, which in turn is linked near Venice to the highway A4. The nearest railway station is Calalzo, while the nearest airports to reach the area of Cadore are Venice and Treviso, both with bus connections to the district of Belluno.

Main building – Ground floor
52 mq
Main building – First floor
52 mq
Accessory building – Ground floor
18 mq
Outdoor area
453 mq
autorizzazione alla concessione

The estate, a former railway station, consists of a wide flat outdoor area, a main two-storeys building with attic and a small accessory one-storey building.
It is situated in the locality of Sottocastello, not far from the old town and close to public offices, to schools and to a paved bike path.

This property is part of the project:

Pieve di Cadore (BL)

Contact

ICE - Italian Trade Agency

Request info

Floorplan

Pieve di Cadore (BL) – Former railway station Sottocastello Floorplan