Splendid sixteenth century villa, surrounded by a large garden, set in the countryside west of Siena. The property currently used by the University of Siena, which will vacate it, would make for an ideal tourist accommodation complex or private home, due to its location and architectonic merit.
Currently used by the University of Siena – UnisiPa Centre – University Centre for Innovation and Quality in Public Administrations, granted for perpetual use free of charge Ref. No. 11566 Volume 1626 of 08.10.1990, approved by the State Property Office with document Ref. No. 60112 of 10.04.1991, transcribed with document 20 of 24.03.1992 at the Siena Buildings Registry and delivered to the University of Siena with subsequent record of 27 march 1997.
The University has however formalised the wish of handing back the property.
The property, called “Villa Chigi”, consists of a monumental construction, which is a typical example of a suburban villa perfectly integrated in the surrounding countryside. The property has a U-shaped plan facing the garden, with three floors above ground as well as a basement and an underground level, for a gross surface of about 2,080 m² as well as a garden of 4,000 m², which is about 5 km away. Access is with the SS 73 road which is linked to the Siena Firenze motorway, but cannot be easily reached by public transport. It is in a normal state of maintenance and is currently used by the university.
The Villa is located in the countryside around Siena (53,943 inhabitants), which is the capital of the province (270,285 inhabitants), in Tuscany (3,752,654 inhabitants). The property is located in the hamlet of Alle Volte Alte, 5 km from the centre of Siena. It can be reached with the SS73 road, which is linked to the Siena-Firenze motorway. The bus stop for the 033 line is 500 metres from the property and links it to the city centre.