The property, called Torre D’Ayala, is located in the city of Taranto, along the historical provincial road for Maruggio, in “Montegranaro”. The property, for its location, is ideally suited for redevelopment in a tourist- accommodation structure.
The tower was built in the XVIII century as a summer residence, while in the XIX century, during the France domination, should be used as a military site to defend the city of Taranto. In 1938 the tower and its service areas were purchased by the Kingdom of Italy, War Property Office, Navy department. The building has a quadrangular shape, with an adjacent secondary building along the ground and first floor, positioned along the middle of the south side of the main building. The covered surface of 1939 m², includes over 171 m² of terraces. The property includes an internal courtyard of 427 m² and uncultivated land of 1834 square metres. The property can be refurbished for tourist accommodation and restaurant activities or cultural or social events to promote the local territory open to the public.
The property is located in the new part of Taranto (201,100 inhabitants), in the province of Taranto (586,061 inhabitants) which is the second largest city of the Puglia region (4,077,166 inhabitants) in terms of residents. The location is close to the seaside in a semi central area of the city with full services and with good connections to the city’s main roads. The closest civilian airports are the “Karol Wojtyla” international airport in Bari-Palese and the “Papola Casale” airport in Brindisi. The motorway exit of the A-14 motorway (Bologna-Taranto), reached with the Appia state road, is 20 km from the area. The property is 105 km from Bari and 75 km from Brindisi. The railway station, with connections to the other cities of Puglia and the rest of Italy, is 4 km away. The city boasts a large port infrastructure: the commercial port “Molo San Cataldo”, one of the most important Italian ports in terms of freight traffic, is strategically located on the northern coast of the gulf with the same name. The tourist port, located in the Molo Sant’Egidio, in the Borgo Antico area close to the Mar Grande, has 254 berths for boats with draught up to 10 metres and length up to 50 metres and a car park for 150 vehicles.