Building of great historical value located in the historical centre of Verona, in Piazza delle Erbe, constructed in the first half of the 14th Century. The asset, used ever since its construction as meeting place for the city's traders who wanted to negotiate for their businesses (hence the name "Traders' House" - Domus Mercatorum), underwent several internal and external changes over the centuries, the most radical of which took place in the 1878-1884 period.
Permission to use grating on municipal street in Via Camera di Commercio to access the basement. The permission cannot be transferred, but the new purchaser must request a new permission.
Historical building located in the oldest square in Verona, Piazza delle Erbe, which was built on top of the Ancient Roman forum area. The building dates back to the first half of the 14th Century when, in 1301, Alberto della Scale ordered the construction of a house in which traders could meet and negotiate for their businesses. The portions currently for sale are the two upper floors (first and second), the portions of basement, interior of the portico and small space on the ground floor, as well as the staircase leading to the upper floors, which is used also by the adjacent building. The rest of the ground floor, basement and portico are owned by a third party. As of now, the units are intended for public office use (cadastral category B/4), but are subject to a town-planning transformation procedure that will allow for the creation of units intended for commercial/administrative and residential use. The building is subject to a restrictive historical and cultural clause of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and of Tourism (MiBACT) issued on 16 May 2016; the property is thus subject to the provisions set forth in the second part, Title I of Legislative Decree 42/2004 and, where applicable, to the provisions set forth in Art. 11, par. 1 of the aforementioned Legislative Decree. The asset is free and must be renovated; it can be purchase as single lot (Lot A: SCHEDE LOTTI_LOTTO_A), or together with the adjacent building, called “Casa Bresciani” (Lot C: SCHEDE LOTTI_LOTTO_C).
The building is located in the historical centre of Verona (population 255,585), in the oldest square of the city, which was built on top of the Ancient Roman forum (Piazza delle Erbe). The Venetian town is located in a strategic point in the Brennero area, in close proximity to the Garda Lake, a territory with great tourist affluence. The area surrounding the building is characterised by residential assets, but also administrative and hotel activities, with commercial units usually located in the ground floor of the various buildings. Juliet’s House, one of Verona’s most visited monument, is located in close proximity to the asset and, more specifically, in Via Cappello. The building falls within the restricted traffic area of the city centre, where parking spaces are scarce but the local public transport infrastructure is strong; the Roman amphitheatre is a short walking distance away (10 minutes) along Via Mazzini, the most popular shopping street of Verona. “Verona Porta Nuova” railway station, which connects the city with Bologna, Bolzano, Milan, Turin, Rome and Venice, is 30 minutes away on foot (2.2 km), while the motorway exit “Verona Sud” (on the Milan-Venice highway A-4) is located 7.7 km away from it (17 minutes by car). The Verona (Catullo) airport is 12 km away from the building (25 minutes by car), while Venice’s (Marco Polo) is about 125 km away (90 minutes by car).