Maritime lighthouse on the Punta Polveraia headland at the western end of the island of Elba, one of Italy’s most renowned and visited islands. Perched above the sea against a striking landscape, the complex may be developed on the lighthouse accommodation model, for tourist, accommodation, catering, leisure, educational or promotional businesses. The property will be licensed for use to third parties (not sold). It consists of an octagonal tower and a single-storey residential building.
Maritime lighthouse built in 1909 to light the western coastline of the island of Elba and the Corsica Channel. The property consists of an octagonal tower with an internal gallery and white masonry walls, with a rectangular floor plan, arranged on a single storey, on a sloping scarp base. The building has two apartments which once housed the keepers before the lantern was automated. It also includes a small outbuilding used for storage and another structure used as an oven. Internal floor area is 200 m² and appurtenances cover 2,769 m². The complex will remain the property of the Ministry for Defence and will be licensed to third parties for redevelopment.
Punta Polveraia Lighthouse is situated at the western end of the island of Elba, on the Punta Polveraia headland, near Pratesi in the municipality of Marciana (2,223 inhabitants) in the Province of Livorno (339,070 inhabitants). The property looks out over the sea and is served by the SP-25, which leads to the towns of Marciana (8 km), Marciana Marina (18 km), Portoferraio (30 km) and Rio Marina (60 km). Ferries serve the island, which is part of the Archipelago Toscano National Park, from Piombino via Cavo harbour, Rio Marina and Portoferraio.