Free-standing real estate complex located in the Municipality of Limbadi, 30 km SW from the Province capital, Vibo Valentia, on the southern side of Monte Poro, at 229 m above sea level. Having being abandoned for many years, the property is currently in a very bad state.
The complex is composed of two separate blocks built at the beginning of the 20th Century for social housing purposes, but never used as such. In 1929, the property was handed over to the Financial Administration of the State and were used for a long time by the Municipality as nursery. The two buildings, of ancient construction, are made of stone and are laid out on one single floor; each block is divided into eight independent rooms, two toilets and one kitchen. The assets are free and in a bad state, thus needing a complete redevelopment.
The property is located in the municipality of Limbadi (population 3,267), in the Province of Vibo Valentia (population 151,558), at about 30 km from the Province capital, and is positioned on the southern side of Monte Poro (229 m above sea level), 10 km away from the Tyrrhenian coast (15 minutes by car). During the Middle Age, the small municipality acquired the features of a medieval urbanisation with high city walls and a castle, but 1783’s earthquake destroyed it. The town was later rebuilt following proper town planning. The motorway exit “Rosarno” of the Mediterranean Highway (Salerno – Reggio Calabria) is located 15 km away from the town (20 minutes by car). Rosarno’s railway station is 12 km away from the property, connecting it to Cosenza, Lamezia Terme, Milan, Reggio Calabria, Rome and Turin. Lamezia Terme’s international airport is situated 80 km away from the town (60 minutes by car).