Lighthouse built in 1911, close to the sea, in the Municipality of Riposto, on the eastern coast of Sicily. The property, located in the port area, can be redeveloped as lighthouse accommodation with restaurant, recreational didactic and promotional activities.
The square shaped building dominated by an embattled tower, was built in 1911 and is positioned above the road and surrounded by a garden. It consists of two floors: the ground floor from which a staircase reaches the tower, with access to a dome-shaped cover that protects the lighthouse. The lighthouse was operational until 1992, when it was transferred to the present day pier. The Coast Guard offices have been recently built close to the building. The property is currently completely abandoned and is used as deposit by the harbour office. The covered surface is 120 m², as well as a terrace of 96 m² on the first floor and a small garden on the ground floor. The property will remain the property of the state and leased to third parties for redevelopment. The structure, due to its location, is ideally suited for redevelopment in a tourist- accommodation structure and restaurant activities or cultural or social events to promote the local territory open to the public.
The property is located close to the port of the Municipality of Riposto (14,932 inhabitants), part of the metropolitan area of Catania (314,555 inhabitants). The town, along the Catania coastline, in north-eastern Sicily, borders with the Municipality of Giarre (27,824 inhabitants), is 32 km from Catania and 77 km from Messina. There are good road connections with the SS 114 state coast road and the A-18 motorway (Catania-Messina), with the Giarre exit 6 km from the property. Excellent railway links are available with the Circumetnea line from the “Giarre-Riposto” station, 2 km away, that links Catania with the towns of the Etna valley. The Catania-Fontanarossa international airport is 44 km from the area.