A complex of architectural merit made up of a single building, with three floors above ground, as well as a basement, it also has a large outdoor space to be used as a park, in a central position to Schio.
CALL FOR FACILITATED SUBSIDIZED CONCESSION FOR THIRD SECTOR ENTITIES
The villa is centrally located in the Municipality of Schio, in a residential area rich in commercial settlements, various services and ample equipped public green spaces. It looks like a historic building of great value in line with the characteristics of the typical Venetian palace. Consisting of a single building, with three floors above ground, as well as a basement, it also has a large outdoor space to be used as a park.
The fence made with local materials consists of a fine rustic brick and pebble wall.
The building was built between 1876 and 1890 following the Venetian tradition. Originally it was a square plan organised around a small room used as a distributive space for the side wings. Subsequently it has undergone changes. The building was the site of the former Registry Office and of the former Conservatory of Real Estate Registers of Schio until 2004.
Villino Rossi is located in the centre of what was originally conceived as an industrial city, due to the initiatives of the Rossi family and the homonymous wool mill. The city’s town planning principles have been strongly marked by the production of yarns and related industries. Schio plays a central role in the production of clothing and together with the neighbouring areas of Thiene and Valdagno constitutes one of the main productive districts of the Region.
The shift from the main artisanal and productive activities to the new industrial area places the industrial archeology buildings at the centre of a gradual process of conversion.