/

Caserta (CE) – Former Caserma Bronzetti

The Caserma Bronzetti barracks, formerly Caserma d’Armi barracks, located in the village of Falciano, which is known as the seat of the Curia since 1297, is a complex of vast proportions that is in conditions of advanced degradation. It was built, primarily, as the Palazzo della Cavallerizza, and was later expanded to house the Episcopate and a mendicicomio, a shelter for beggars.

Share:
Via San Gennaro, snc - 81100 Caserta (CE)

Details

Property types
Historical building
Permitted uses
Office, Residential
Land area (m²)
4,338 m²
Total GIA (m²)
Total GLA
Year of construction
14th century
State of maintenance and repair
To be refurbished
Occupation status
Vacant

Caserma Bronzetti barracks, formerly Caserma d’Armi barracks, located in the village of Falciano, which is known as the seat of the Curia since 1297, is a complex of vast proportions that is in conditions of advanced degradation. It was built, primarily, as the Palazzo della Cavallerizza, and was later expanded to house the Episcopate and a mendicicomio, a shelter for beggars.

The building, marked by a rectangular, planimetric structure excavated from six small internal courtyards, has façades that, although deteriorated, retain the eighteenth-century architectural composition. This is characterised by a ground floor, bordered by a string course and marked by large wooden doors topped with peepholes, and a second order marked by the plastic relief of the frames of the alternating openings of windows and balconies. The former are surmounted by triangular gables, and the latter by curved gables, while the order is crowned by a protruding, traditionally-designed cornice.

The lower order wall is smooth, without architectural relief elements, but with spaces for cornices or decorations. The circular openings are an exception, which are accented by the slight protrusion of the cornice.

The general state of maintenance and conservation of the property is so bad that it is considered unfit for use.

The compendium is located in the Comune of Caserta at via San Gennaro, near Falciano, Borgi, dating back to the year 1113, where the first historical news of Borgi can be found.

The area is in a suburban area, located east of the city centre; while the area is nevertheless well served by the urban and suburban road network, it is, however, poorly served by public transport links. Access to the property is easy as it is directly from Via San Gennaro through a wooden entrance gate.

Ground
2225 sqm net surface area
First
2225 sqm net surface area
Second
593 sqm net surface area
Courtyards
811 m²
Terraces on the level
349 m²
Norme Tecniche di Attuazione

Contact

ICE - Italian Trade Agency

Request info

Floorplan

Caserta (CE) – Former Caserma Bronzetti Floorplan