Real estate complex of historical interest, known as the former Holiday Resort "Luigi Pierazzi", built in the early 1930s, with typical characteristics of fascist architecture. The property, located in the municipality of Follonica, near the beach, is free and requires significant renovation work. The building, which retains the imperial appearance of the buildings of the time, by virtue of its location, is well suited to being redeveloped with recreational and/or tourist-accommodation purposes.
PARTNERSHIP PROPOSALS FOR THE RECOVERY OF THE BUILDING WITH A CONCESSION DURATION COMMENSURATE WITH THE PROPOSED INVESTMENT
The building, built in the fascist era (1930-1931), has clear references to classical and monumental architecture expressed according to the compositional schemes typical of the healthcare and educational architecture of the time. The architectural typology is expressed through clean lines and perfectly symmetrical volumes.
The building complex, which presents a covered area of over 3,000 sqm, was built on a land area of 17,000 sqm. The building consists of a central body with a rectangular planimetric shape, divided into two aboveground levels and two three-storey lateral turrets. The central structure is characterized by its monumentality, with linear shapes, directly correlated with the beach in front of it, onto which filter spaces open up, represented by the large windows on the ground floor and the terrace on the first floor; the two turrets at both ends hold together the overall composition, giving greater rigidity and grandeur to the structure. It is possible to request the concession of the beach, functional to the redevelopment of the building with recreational and tourist-accommodation purposes that, together with the coastal dunes and the pine forest behind it, give considerable value to the real estate complex; the administration is in favour of changing the intended use of the property, as long as it is oriented towards improving and extending the quality and type of local tourist offer, capable of enhancing the attractiveness of the municipal area.
The property is located in the peripheral area of Follonica (population 20,272), a municipality in the province of Grosseto, along the coastal beach. The town is located in the Tuscan Maremma, in the territory of the “Colline Metallifere” of Grosseto, in the centre of the gulf of the same name overlooking the Island of Elba. The Grosseto “Colline Metallifere” Park is a Geo-park recognized by UNESCO and hosts archaeological sites from the Etruscan era, naturalistic and environmental areas, areas of industrial archaeology, villages and castles. The area is 48 km from Grosseto and 108 km from Livorno, while the city of Rome is approximately 226 km away. The main thoroughfare is the SS-1 (Via Aurelia), an arterial road that extends along the entire Tyrrhenian coast, from Rome to Ventimiglia (which in the Rome-Civitavecchia section becomes the A-12 motorway). The railway station, which guarantees connections to the cities of Pisa, Grosseto, Livorno, Florence and Rome, is approximately 3 km from the property (7 minutes by car – 20 minutes on foot). Pisa international airport “Galileo Galilei” is situated 110 km away from the area (60-80 minutes by car), while Florence’s (“Amerigo Vespucci”) is located 150 km away (120 minutes by car).