Real estate complex with touristic use, known as Grand Hotel di San Pellegrino Terme, amongst the symbols of the Italian Liberty architecture built in 1904, along the flow of the Brembo river, in a context which is naturalistic and urban and is of notable importance. The town that is renowned as a thermal location, is recognized in the whole world for its mineral water called San Pellegrino.
The Grand Hotel, architectural symbol of the Italian Liberty period, was built in 1905 based on the project of Architect Squadrelli and Engineer Mazzocchi, and has the restrictions foreseen in Legislative Decree 42/2004. The property is realized on a basement floor, six stories high and an attic with a secondary body of minor dimensions. The property is built on a large central stairway and a wide corridor that goes from north to south and has the distribution of its rooms on the singles stories. The ground floor opens on the windows, and on the superior floors these are disposed with regular intervals, some of which are in Liberty style with double, triple and four arched medieval windows with decorations and floral motives. On the Senior floor, there is a large lobby, dining rooms and living rooms, while the internal areas are characterized by elements in Liberty Style, decorated with typical stucco of European hotel buildings of that time, wrought iron railing and chandeliers. The redevelopment project of the hotel facility will come to be in the full respect of the original architecture and the structural type and distribution, with the objective of restoring all the architectural and decorative elements both inside and outside. The project foresees the realization of a wellness centre of about 1,000 m² with thermal pools, Turkish baths, saunas, hydrotherapy, spa baths with reading areas and spaces that are dedicated to beauty treatments, 110 rooms (with a surface of about 40m²), while the attic space is destined to services for clients and, eventually, game areas.
The property is located in the City of San Pellegrino Terme (4,830 inhabitants), in the Province of Bergamo (1,112,010 inhabitants) in the heart of the Brembana Valley, Place known for its healthy and accommodating climate located along the shores of the Brembo river that divides the city in two. The requalification intervention of the Grand Hotel is part of the wider project of touristic and employment development in the Brembana Valley, that over the years has had requalification interventions and functional activities in the main buildings of the city, amongst which the Thermal Centre (excellence centre in Liberty style,), the city Casino (restored and enlarged for meetings, congresses and weddings) the San Pellegrino Mineral Water warehouse and the funicular station. The city is easily reachable through SS-470 that connects it to Bergamo, from which it is 23 km far. The highway exit “Dalmine” from highway A-4 (Torino-Trieste) is 27 km from the area, while the international airport of Orio al Serio (3rd Italian airport with 12.3 million passengers in 2017) is about 29 km far.