Real estate complex, known as the former Hospital of the Disabled, situated in the historical centre of Biella. The complex, is made up of a number of buildings, with a historical implant known as “Old Hospital” (restricted by the Supraintendecy) built starting from the end of the 800s and then with further modifications, the last one in 1987. The property can be transformed, according to the current General Regulatory Plan, into a series of uses: touristic- recreational, commercial, residential etc.
The Real estate complex of the former Hospital is made up of about 10 buildings within the square between via Caraccio, via Carducci and via Marconi. To follow the main ones are described:
– the building in line with what was realized in 1938 and articulated on 8 floors above the ground as well as the basement level, with a structure in reinforced cement, brick and flat covering:
– the building called “Old Hospital” (restricted) realized in the 800s, with monumental facade, with partial columns and double stairs that bring to the lounge room with a decorated ceiling on the 1st floor; the building, that develops itself on 5 floors above the ground with reinforced walls and ceiling in wood and tiles, also has an internal court with garden;
– the pavilion Grupallo (restricted) realized in 1915 with reinforced walls and ceiling in wood and tiles, articulated on three floors above the ground;
– the pavilion Trossi (restricted) realized in 1924 with reinforced walls and ceiling in wood and tiles, articulated o three levels above the ground and a basement level;
– the pavilion Cartotti (restricted), realized in 1928 with reinforced walls and ceiling in wood and tiles;
– the pavilion Caraccio with attached prebuilt and operational block.
There are also two levels within the ground (E.T.) with a surface of 5.134 m² and a volume of 14.070 mc
The real estate complex is situated in the central zone of Biella (44,324 inhabitants), chief administrative centre of the Province with the same name (177,067 inhabitants), in the nearby area of the historical centre and Via Repubblica, from which it is easy to reach pedestrian zone. The Piedmont city is inserted in the Piedmont, about 400 metres above sea level and is perfectly connected to the highway infrastructure, with the exits of Santhia and Carisio, on highway A4 (Turin-Milan) that are respectively 25 km and 22 km away. The Madonna d’Oropa Sanctuary is a pilgrim destination is 14 km away, while the Viverone Lake, known touristic destination is 19 km away; the Summer and Winter touristic localities of Bielmonte and La Panoramica Zegna, are 34 km away. The railway station of “Biella San Paolo”, on the Regional line of Santhià-Novara, is 1,5 km from the property, while the airport of Turin “caselle” and Milan “Malpensa” (13th and 2nd airport with 4.2 and 22.2 million passengers in 2017) are respectively 87 km and 95 km away.