Once used as a silkworm farm, the site is located in Vittorio Veneto, in the province of Treviso, one of the richest Venetian provinces, whose territory is included in the “The Prosecco Wine Road of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene”, a food and wine itinerary. It consists of three buildings overlooking Via Isonzo and agricultural land on Via Margogne, and is in fairly good condition. The urban uses for this area are public facilities and integration, expansion and completion areas. The complex, already present in the cadastre papers since 1896, is restricted by L. 1089/39.
The property is made up of three buildings overlooking Via Isonzo in the S. Giacomo di Veglia fraction and of agricultural land, found 1 km east of the fraction. Used as a factory, the old building is of brick, wood and stones, with three floors above ground and side buildings with two floors on one side and one floor on the other. The former custodian’s residence is a small brick villa, which dates back to 1954 and hasn’t been lived in for many years. The former testing facility area is also of brick, has two floors, a flat roof, floors of grit and cement, with all the basic facilities and is in fairly good condition; the overall gross surface area is 1.900 m², with a volume of 6.900 mc. Surface details: A – building already used as factory, 1.342 m². – uncovered pertinence 4.312 m². B – custodian’s residence 80 m². – covered-uncovered pertinence 592 m². C – former testing area 380 m². – uncovered pertinence 1.621 m² D – agricultural lands with a surface of 8.275 m².
The site is located in the centre of the fraction San Giacomo di Veglia, in Vittorio Veneto (pop. 28.232), in the province of Treviso (pop. 892.353). The main roads that pass through the territory are the SS-51 that connects San Vendemiano and Dobbiaco, and the A-27 motorway (d’Alemagna); the local railway station is about 3,5 km from the fraction and is on the Belluno – Conegliano line. San Giacomo di Veglia is at the junction between SP-71 “del Ponte della Muda” and SS-51. The territory has many food and wine ‘roads’ and historic-architectural sites, such as S. Martino Castle, the Bishop’s Building, the “Palazzo della Comunità”, the Serravalle Cathedral, San Lorenzo dei Battuti Church, Cenedese’s Loggia, the 18th century cathedral, Santa Giustina Church and Sant’Andrea di Bigonzio Parish Church. Treviso is 42 km away, Pordenone 35 km, Venice is 74 km away and Udine is 95 km away.