Real estate complex made up of two distinct historical offices, of the 1800s, situated in the historical centre of Como within the walled city. The buildings, partially used as headquarters of the Education Department of Como, considering their location and value, are adaptable to being used as a touristic and recreational facility or destined to be used as private residences.
The complex is made up of two distinct buildings, separated by an internal courtyard that is of common use, utilized as a parking lot with entrance from Passaggio Giardini of Ponente Luigi Zuccoli, with the possibility of another entrance from Via Volta: the building is used as Education department at present (1,317.25 m² of net surface) built between 1860 and 1935 and is articulated in five stories above the ground, with morphological characteristics which are typical of 1800s buildings; “ex Porro” building (1,012.78 m² of net surface) develops itself on three floors above ground, with the classical type of noble building destined to be used as a city residence of the Porro family, that with high probability restored it at the beginning of the 1800s , on a pre-existent 1500s structure, as hypothesized after its founding, during the last restorations, with decorations and lined ceilings typical of Lombardy architecture of the renaissance period. The complex is east of Porta Nuova contrada (today via Volta) west of the walls (today viale Varese) north of the passage to the eastern gardens, Luigi Zuccoli and south of private property. The Certificate of Urban Destination issued by the Municipality of Como on the 12.03.2018 foresees that the properties have the following characteristics: – RULE PLAN: MAP360 – 784 (Como City) – walled city and historical areas [Art. 28;39] – SERVICE PLAN: MAP 360 – 784 ( Como City) – SERVICES AT A LEVEL ABOVE EXISTING MUNICIPALITY: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION SERVICE
The property is situated in the historical centre of Como (84,326 inhabitants), administrative centre of the Province with the same name (600,190 inhabitants), in the Lombardy Region (10,019,166 inhabitants), within the walled city of the Lombard city, built on, on the one side the ancient walls and looked onto via Volta, one of the main roads of the historical centre. The main places and monuments of the city (Como Cathedral, Rusca Palace, the San Fedele Church etc.) just like the long lake, these are at a few minutes by foot from the property that goes up from the area which is well-served by the public transport network. The railway station “Como S.Giovanni” (800 mt from the property), along the road Milano-Chiasso, serving the regional lines S-11 of Trenord (Chiasso-Rho with stop also at Monza), the S-10 and S-40 of Tilo towards the Canton -Ticino (“Bellinzona-Albate Camerlata” and “Varese-Mendrisio-Como”). The highway exits “Como centro” and “Lago di Como” of highway “A-9” (Milan-Chiasso), are both 7 km from the property (15 minutes by car), while the State border is 6km from the area. The international airport of Milan– Malpensa (2nd Italian airport with 22 million passengers in 2017) is 52 km from the city.